While choosing the right rehab program is crucial, this article focuses on inpatient rehabilitation, an intensive approach offering a structured and supportive environment for recovery from substance abuse.
What is Inpatient Rehab?
Inpatient rehab, also known as residential treatment, involves living at a dedicated facility 24/7. This controlled setting provides constant access to medical care, therapy, and peer support, ideal for individuals facing:
- Severe addictions: 24/7 supervision minimizes the risk of relapse during initial detoxification and stabilization.
- Co-occurring mental health conditions: Integrated treatment addresses both substance abuse and psychiatric issues.
- Lack of stable support systems: The inpatient community offers a safe and encouraging environment for rebuilding healthy relationships.
Directions from Laurel to Our Treatment Center
Our treatment center is located in Buckeystown, MD which is a short drive from Laurel. Reaching our treatment center from Laurel is:
- Around a 45-mile drive
- The drive usually takes around 60 minutes
Our Gaithersburg treatment center can be reached from Laurel via MD-200 W and I-270 N or MD-32 W and I-70 W.
What Happens During Substance Abuse Treatment?
- Individualized Treatment Plans: Tailored to each patient’s unique needs and goals, addressing physical, psychological, and social aspects of addiction.
- Structured Daily Schedule: A balanced blend of therapy sessions, group support, skill-building workshops, and recreational activities promotes holistic recovery.
- Medical Monitoring: 24/7 medical staff oversee withdrawal symptoms, medication management, and any physical health concerns.
- Individual and Group Therapy: Individual sessions delve into personal triggers and coping mechanisms, while group therapy fosters shared experiences and community support.
- Family Support: Programs often involve family education and counseling to strengthen support networks and improve communication.
The Advantages of Inpatient Rehab:
While options like outpatient rehab are valuable, inpatient treatment offers an immersive and comprehensive approach for individuals seeking a strong foundation for lasting recovery.
- Intensive Focus on Recovery: Provides a complete break from triggers and distractions, allowing for deep-rooted healing.
- Constant Support and Supervision: Minimizes the risk of relapse with readily available help and accountability.
- Structured Environment: Promotes routine, healthy habits, and relapse prevention skills.
- Holistic Approach: Addresses the physical, psychological, and social aspects of addiction for long-term success.
- Community of Support: Builds a network of peers and mentors who understand the challenges of recovery.
Who Is a Good Fit for a Treatment Program?
While receiving any kind of addiction treatment is better than not, there are certain people who may be a better fit for outpatient rehab as compared to inpatient rehab. Someone who might consider enrolling in a Maryland outpatient treatment program is a person who:
- Has already completed more intensive treatment such as an inpatient rehab program and is referred to outpatient treatment as a transitional step
- Someone with a mild or shorter-term drug or alcohol addiction
- A person not requiring a medically-supervised detox
- An individual who isn’t able to commit to inpatient rehab because of other obligations at home, at work or otherwise
If you would like to learn more about outpatient addiction treatment and what typically happens during these programs, we encourage you to contact The Freedom Center.
Contact Us For Substance Abuse Treatment
We encourage you to reach out to our team at The Freedom Center in Maryland to learn more about outpatient rehab, and what our programs typically look like.
Sometimes the hardest part of recovery is the first step, and we strive to make that part as easy as possible.
Many Insurance Plans Accepted
One reason people tend to be resistant to receiving drug or alcohol treatment is that they are unsure how they will pay for it. One of the advantages of outpatient rehab versus inpatient treatment is the fact that it’s significantly less expensive.
At The Freedom Center, we also accept many popular insurance plans. Our intake and admissions team can help you learn more about the cost of our outpatient rehab programs, and can work with your insurance provider to make the process as seamless as possible for you.
Local Addiction Recovery Resources for Laurel, MD
UM Laurel Medical Center
- 7300 Van Dusen Rd, Laurel, MD 20707, USA
- +1 301-725-4300
- Direction: https://goo.gl/maps/Hb19xQHVFrQv6f97A
Tanveer A Padder MD
- 7350 Van Dusen Rd #130, Laurel, MD 20707, USA
- +1 410-921-9183
- Direction: https://goo.gl/maps/ZCWWGwsMcThpng3d8