What Should You Expect at an Substance Abuse Rehab?
When someone requires treatment for a drug or alcohol addiction, they have options available to them. There are both inpatient and outpatient programs, for example.
Then, within these larger categories of inpatient and outpatient rehab, there are specific types of programs. For example, in terms of outpatient rehab, there are day treatment options, intensive outpatient programs, and continuing care options.
The Freedom Center offers intensive outpatient programs and standard outpatient addiction treatment near Laurel, Maryland.
There are a few key things to expect in an outpatient addiction treatment program:
- Treatment plans are very individualized to the unique needs of each patient
- There is a high level of flexibility in terms of scheduling
- When someone participates in outpatient addiction treatment they can continue living their daily life as normal
Outpatient rehab for drugs or alcohol does have advantages, particularly for people who aren’t able to leave their daily responsibilities for inpatient or more intensive levels of treatment.
Directions from Laurel to Our Treatment Center
Our treatment center is located in Gaithersburg, MD which is a short drive from Laurel. Reaching our treatment center from Laurel is:
- Around a 30-mile drive
- The drive usually takes around 30 to 40 minutes
Our Gaithersburg treatment center can be reached from Laurel via Columbia Pike and MD-200 W or via 1-495 W and 1-270 N.
Contact Us For Substance Abuse Treatment
We encourage you to reach out to our team at The Freedom Center in Maryland to learn more about outpatient rehab, and what our programs typically look like.
Sometimes the hardest part of recovery is the first step, and we strive to make that part as easy as possible.
Many Insurance Plans Accepted
One reason people tend to be resistant to receiving drug or alcohol treatment is that they are unsure how they will pay for it. One of the advantages of outpatient rehab versus inpatient treatment is the fact that it’s significantly less expensive.
At The Freedom Center, we also accept many popular insurance plans. Our intake and admissions team can help you learn more about the cost of our outpatient rehab programs, and can work with your insurance provider to make the process as seamless as possible for you.
Types of Treatment Programs
Outpatient rehab is a fairly broad term. Within that category, there are many different types of treatment approaches and specific program formats and styles. Some of the outpatient rehab programs available include:
During day treatment, patients have an experience that’s very similar to inpatient rehab in terms of intensity and the time commitment required. Day treatment usually requires a commitment to go to treatment all day, most days of the week. However, at the end of treatment each day, participants can return home or to a sober living house.
Intensive Outpatient Programs (IOP)
An intensive outpatient program or IOP is one offering quite a bit more flexibility than either inpatient rehab or day treatment. Usually, IOP therapy and treatment sessions are held in the afternoon or evenings, so they can accommodate participants’ school or work commitments. When someone first begins an IOP, it’s usually fairly intensive, and sessions are held frequently.
As a person progresses and meets certain recovery objectives, the frequency of sessions may go down.
Continuing Care and Support Groups
Another form of outpatient rehab is participation in support or recovery groups. Alcoholism and drug addiction are chronic disorders. They’re manageable and treatable, but often that does require a long-term commitment. Continuing care and support groups such as NA or AA can help provide ongoing support and accountability that’s important for maintaining recovery.
What Happens During Substance Abuse Treatment?
At The Freedom Center, one of our key programs is intensive outpatient treatment. Intensive outpatient addiction treatment at our facility includes the following:
- Programs are administered by a team of both addiction and mental health professionals
- Treatment is available Monday through Friday
- There are afternoon and evening programs
- Treatment plans are customized to the individual
- Intensive outpatient programs at The Freedom Center usually include at least one weekly individual session with a Master’s Level primary therapist
- Many treatment plans include group and family sessions as well
- The Freedom Center uses an integrative treatment model to address not only substance use but also any mental health concerns
Who Is a Good Fit for a Treatment Program?
While receiving any kind of addiction treatment is better than not, there are certain people who may be a better fit for outpatient rehab as compared to inpatient rehab. Someone who might consider enrolling in a Maryland outpatient treatment program is a person who:
- Has already completed more intensive treatment such as an inpatient rehab program and is referred to outpatient treatment as a transitional step
- Someone with a mild or shorter-term drug or alcohol addiction
- A person not requiring a medically-supervised detox
- An individual who isn’t able to commit to inpatient rehab because of other obligations at home, at work or otherwise
If you would like to learn more about outpatient addiction treatment and what typically happens during these programs, we encourage you to contact The Freedom Center.
Local Addiction Recovery Resources for Laurel, MD
UM Laurel Medical Center
- 7300 Van Dusen Rd, Laurel, MD 20707, USA
- +1 301-725-4300
- Direction: https://goo.gl/maps/Hb19xQHVFrQv6f97A
Tanveer A Padder MD
- 7350 Van Dusen Rd #130, Laurel, MD 20707, USA
- +1 410-921-9183
- Direction: https://goo.gl/maps/ZCWWGwsMcThpng3d8